Care should be taken when it relates with liquid nitrogen tank handling. Otherwise, liquid nitrogen tank explosion may occur.
Remember that liquid nitrogen is deadly. In gas state, nitrogen can kill you by taking the place of oxygen from the air and cause suffocation.
The other safety hazards of liquid nitrogen that you need to take care are:
- extremely cold temperature (-195oC)
- produces a large amount of gas when vaporizing
- can pull off your skin when you touch it with bare hand
- in gas state, it is odorless, tasteless and colorless. It will take the place of oxygen from the air!
So, it is very important to handle liquid nitrogen tank carefully and not to make it explode.
The following liquid nitrogen tank explosion are good case studies. You must learn safety lessons from them and act on how to avoid liquid nitrogen explosion from happening.
Liquid Nitrogen Tank Explosion Case Studies
Incoming search terms:
- liquid nitrogen tank explosion