In this post, I’d like to focus on how to select pressure gauge for hydrotest in 3 steps. Pressure gauge is used as the only measuring tool for this purpose.
Let’s see how to select pressure gauge for hydrotest in 3 steps.
How to Select Pressure Gauge for Hydrotest
- Select pressure gauge with operating pressure range of 1.5 to 4 times hydrotest pressure (ASME Section VIII). For instance, if the design pressure is 3 barg, then minimum pressure gauge scale must be 4.5 barg.
- The pressure gauge status must be calibrated (ASME B31.1 Appendix J-1.2.10). Check its calibration record and certificate.
- pressure gauge scale unit should be same with pressure design unit in order to make it easy for recording and evaluation.
Incoming search terms:
- pressure gauge range selection for hydrotest
- How to select a pressure gauge for hydro test
- how to select range of pressure gauge for hydrotest
- how to selection gauge for hydrotest in pipeline
- pressure gauge range as per asme b31 3
- pressure gauge range for hydrotest
- test gage range requirment as per asme