According to my past experiences, FRP tank used for hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide storage can stand for more than 10 years, even though both tanks are exposed to direct sunlight and rain over the time. Its life time can be extended if both tanks are placed under proper environment.
So, it is reasonable if you consider FRP as the material for storage tank due to FRP tank advantages. In the next paragraphs, we will see more FRP tank advantages in details.
In case of new plant construction, FRP tank can offer alternative economic advantages over other tank materials such as stainless steel. Lets take a look at the FRP tank advantages.
FRP Tank Advantages
1. Low weight to strength ratio. In case of same strength, it is only one seventh as much as steel and half as much as aluminum.
2. High corrosion resistance advantage. Many kinds of chemicals can be stored in FRP tank: pesticides, alkali, acids, fertilizer, peroxides, petroleum products, etc.
3. Offers lower construction cost. FRP tanks price is relatively lower, lower lifting tool capacity required, lower structure strength required, easier installation.
4. Design flexibility. Almost all tank configurations can be molded, including more nozzles installation. Customized design is possible with FRP.
5. Long service life. My own experience shows this as a real proof.
6. Maintenance free. Water washing is more than enough if it is necessary. No re-painting required because it is corrosion-resistance.