Biofuels From Algae is an algae biofuel book that is written by Professor Ashok Pandey, Yusuf Chisti, Due Jong Lee and Professor Carlos Ricardo Soccol. These authors are experts in Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology.
This algae biofuel book was published on October 21, 2013 by Elsevier, hard cover with 348 pages.
Main Contents of Algae Biofuel Book
Here are several topics that are mentioned in this algae biofuel book:
- An introduction to algae biofuel
- Basic scientific aspects of algae cultivation
- Biofuel production: photo bioreactor engineering, open culture system for biomass production
- Synthetic biological approach for biofuel production
- Algae biomass production
- Algae biofuel products: algae oil, biohydrogen and co-products production from algae
- Metabolic engineering and molecular biology of algae for bioufuel production
- Life cycle assessment of algae for biofuel production
- Properties and potential uses of algae biofuel
- Economic evaluation for each available algae biofuel production methods
- Necessary step for scaling up and commercialization
This algae biofuel book is a must-have reference for everyone who are interesting in making new research plan for algae biofuel as well as for designing new economically production process of algae biofuel.